Technology advances have created a global community for the 21st century, but there remains extreme disparity worldwide in the recording of birth times. Without birth time, we do not have houses for the planets or appropriate sign descriptors for the chart angles.
Primary Instructor: Carol Tebbs.
Intensive 5-week course
Most countries have not, and still do not, record birth time, making the 24-hour search for the correct chart ANGLES a necessity. Rectification puts your knowledge and skill of techniques that move the chart in time to work. This allows you to identify and test the most likely birth time. Even if you have no idea of the time of day a person was born, you can still use the dates of major life turning points to attempt to confirm the alignment of natal chart patterns to life events. If they do not, the client should provide additional information about specific life turning points and time range information from family sources.
W112B focuses on techniques that allow an astrologer to narrow a wide time range, from 6 up to 24 hours, to a specific and workable time of birth. This course meets and exceeds the PAA/NCGR rectification component requirement of their Level IV professional certification.
Required texts can be found under the section for Moving the Chart in Time in https://keplercollege.org/index.php/required-books-for-courses
Weekly Topics Include:
- How to Assess the Natal Chart Dynamics to Set the Stage for Rectification
- If the Birth Time Doesn’t Match Events, Why Does It Matter?
- The Angles Set the Basis of Exact Timing in the Rectification Search. Widening the range of techniques for a broader search.
- Options for working with unknown birth times
- Put Rectification Theory into Practice: Student Presentations showing how they rectified a chart, the issues involved and their conclusions.
This course does require a good knowledge of transits, progressions, directions and other methods of moving the chart in time.
Carol A. Tebbs, MA. Carol Tebbs attended Whittier College earning both BA and MA degrees in English, and shortly after, an MEd in Education. She was President of Kepler College from 2003-2006. Her 38 years of teaching Advanced Placement English to students receiving university credits is combined with her extensive Leadership Team experience in a large urban school district. As three-time Accreditation Team Leader, Technology Grant Author, District Writing Program Coordinator, and District Mentor Teacher charged with training new teachers, Ms. Tebbs' experience and knowledge of the many facets of higher education complement her recent work with the College Board as a "writing assessment reader" and AP teacher trainer.
Recognized as 1999 Wal-Mart "Teacher of the Year", and 2000 District Teacher of the Year, Ms. Tebbs is annually noted in Who's Who in Education and Who's Who in the World. Ms. Tebbs recently published The Complete Book of Chart Rectification. Ms. Tebbs is also well recognized in the astrological community for over 30 years of community service as: 3 terms ISAR President and 22 years on the Board; UAC Co-founder, Board member, Board Chair and UAC '95 Coordinator. Her books include Beyond Basics: Moving the Chart in Time and Beyond Basics: Tools for the Consulting Astrologer.
Carol is an instructor in:
- L201A Astrology in Sacred Literature: Western Traditions
- L201B Astrology in Sacred Literature: Eastern Traditions
- W102 Fundamentals II: Interpretation Tools
- W110 Fundamentals V: Predicting Major Life Circumstances
- W111A Introduction to Advanced Predictive Techniques
- W112A Practicum: Applied Rectification and Unification of Forecasting Techniques
- W112B Practicum: Advanced Rectification (6 to 24-hour search)